<$BlogRSDURL$>

Truth. Justice. Minesweeper.

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Perseid was sitting at my desk reading when I came in today. She looked up at me and said, "Who's the bald man?"

"Expensive suit? Little older than us?"

"Yeah."

"His name's Cruickshank. He's Greyghost's legal and financial guy."

"What a funny little man."

I perched on the edge of the desk. "What happened?"

"This afternoon, whenever I was sitting in here, he came and gave me all these forms." She showed me. There were a couple of insurance forms and a couple of waivers. The idea seemed to be that if Perseid got killed, maimed or otherwise inconvenienced while Greyghost was showing her the ropes, it a) wouldn't be Greyghost's fault, but b) would make him a bit of money. The forms were blank. "He said Greyghost needed me to fill these in and sign them. I told him I'd read them and think about it."

"How'd he take that?"

"He told me it was necessary before I could be 'cleared for field work'. Then I told him I certainly wasn't going to sign my real name to something handed to me by a strange bald man. The idea."

"I'd pitch them out," I said. "There's no way this was Greyghost's idea. Cruickshank's taking initiative again."

"As he was leaving he gave me his card--see? He wrote an extra phone number on here. Do you think he was coming on to me?"

"I'm not sure how you'd tell," I said.
Comments:
Everyone seems to have crushes on Perseid these days. Hope Dennis makes a move before she finds someone else.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?